Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's official! Her new name is Isla and she hails from Peaks Island, Maine... Her original name was On The Rocks, accompanied by a martini glass and pirate ship and while it's comical, it seemed like bad karma to me! I spent several weeks trying to find a name that meant something to me... and after searching through all of the things that are important to me I came up with Isla. I'm an island girl and it encapsulates so many things that are important to me, where I grew up, where I went to college, community, place... It's who I am. Isla.
Today after a bit more work and a lot more sweat, Isla took her maiden voyage and I my first journey as captain to Veterans Park to show off for family and friends!


I successfully docked her with some verbal guidance from dad TWICE without crashing! Altho I almost had a heart attack the first time... a little stressful! Mo, cousins, kids, uncle Max, Beckie and friends stopped by the see Isla for the first time and say goodbye! A few more things to take care of tomorrow and hopefully we will be on our way on Tuesday morning... Amazing how you seem so close but the end things take so long... Getting nervous, sad about goodbye's and excited for adventure!





1 comment:

  1. I love the font and name Isla...happy sails Island girl!!! ps the picture of you stearing is so serious, what a responsibility.. enjoy the journey, looks like Isla is in good hands :~)

    ReplyDelete