Thursday, July 15, 2010

Isla


A new chapter has fallen into my life and I thought it now appropriate to write about it... publicly. I am new to this blogging but really excited about an easy way to share my life with so many friends and people around the world! Isla is my new adventure - my dream created, and I am still in awe and shock that this is my life! Funny how dreams stay in your head so much of the time that you sometimes forget they can become reality.
A little over a month ago dad and I had our usual Sunday breakfast out that ended with an innocent conversation about a boat for sale at the Delray Marina. For fun we drove by to check her out, and found her in the same slip that we had lived in when I was a little girl. A family had bought a bigger boat and needed to get rid of her, and tho I had next to no money, we chatted. Thanks to our dying economy, after about a week, John called me to say they were willing to take whatever I could offer! I happened to be in Maine for a long weekend and in about 30 minutes I had bought a boat and decided that I wanted to live on her in Maine... Just a few big decisions all at once!
The next week was a blur as I returned to Florida and started making plans... Leaving my family is a big decision, but I am working on taking life day to day and not getting caught up in feeling like my decisions are so final and irreversible. "It's only life after all." It is time to focus on myself for a little while and see what comes next.
My family has been incredibly supportive and dad has been working even harder than I am to put Isla together and get her ready for the trip! She is in amazing shape and really has just needed a few odds and ends, nothing major!
Weather permitting and if we are ready we will cast off this weekend! More to come...

2 comments:

  1. I am beyond excited for you and am looking forward to following you on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the PC quote! try reading the Valkyries... I am only half way through the book, but know you will enjoy it... happy sails :~) xoxoxoxo ps absolutely LOVE the pics and your blog!

    ReplyDelete